Rapid Analytics - how to backup Repository Data on Server

onesix4onesix4 Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
I'm a new user to Rapid Analytics & Rapid Miner.  I'm would like to know the backup procedure for backup Repository on Rapid Analytics.  I know using Rapid Miner there are actual local files that are stored on the local system that can be saved as backup of the local Repository.  I have multiple users that use different local machine to develop Repository, then copy to the Rapid Analytic server as central storage and execution location.  When these Repositories are copied to the Rapid Analytics servers - where are they stored on the Rapid Analytics server.  There is information regarding the backup process for the mysql DB, which I believe contains user, cron, trigger, service table information.  I did not see information regarding the Repository information in the DB on the Analytic server.  How / Where can I backup the Repository information on the Rapid Analytic Server.

Thanks for your support
Tagged:

Answers

• MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi,

in the default setup, that database also contains the repository data.

Best, Marius
  • karim_keshavjeekarim_keshavjee Member, University Professor Posts: 9 University Professor

Hi,

I just installed RapidMiner Server on AWS using the Rapidminer Server image.

Could you please provide me a link or instructions on how to back-up my MySQL repository database?  I can't find any useful instructions on that anywhere.

Thanks,

Karim

Karim

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello @karim_keshavjee - the MySQL database that is created with that AMI is just running on an EC2 instance like any local machine.  If you want to back it up, you can do a variety of things like a) just create your own AMI of the instance and it will store everything, including the database; b) you can create a snapshot EBS; c) you can remote into the instance via SSH and just retrieve anything you like; d) it's a bit tricky but you can re-install Server using a AWS RDS database, rather than the MySQL running on the same EC2 instance, and that database gets automatically backed up on a schedule you decide upon.

Scott