Options

RapidNet No Database Connection

klerxklerx Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi

i installed RapidNet 1.1 on Vista with admin rights and after the first start up i get an error: no database connection (forgot to say ... it is the 64 bit version.)

Do i have to make some configuration? I guess a database is installed with RapidNet but i can not found this database.

Any idea?

bw joachim

update:

Found at least a work around, ... I found out, that an Ingres database server is installed with rapid net, and thus i tried the 32 bit version. The 32 bit version is working on 64 bit Vista. However i did not find a way to import new data?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    importing data to RapidNet is a little bit difficult. If you take a look at the tables in Ingres, you might comprehend what is needed for making your own projects until the documentation is completed. There have to be a database that consists of several predefined tables of fixed format and these tables point to different databases containing the actual project's data.

Thank you for the hint with Vista 64 bit, I will check this.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    klerxklerx Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    ok, ... i will do this ... thanks

joachim
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    during my research in this matter I found out, that the installation works, if you install it twice without deinstalling ingres between. Seems to be a problem in the bundle configuration in the 64bit version. The behavior must be somehow different on the 64 bit system.
    I will do further research and keep you up to date.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    cgkolarcgkolar Member Posts: 29 Maven
    For what its worth: when I tried to install rapidnet 1.1 under XP/32 it posted an error during the Ingres installation -- I did not write it down, but instead gave up because I remember getting the same thing when I tried to install the RM+Ingres bundle a few months ago.

I did as this post suggested -- re-ran the installer and it uninstalled rapid net, but this time it went through a more lengthy bit of work during the Ingres install and it populated the DB with the example.  RapidNet now runs without issue.

I concur that there is probably an issue with the install script.  Cheers,

--chris
  • Options
    MurenhausenMurenhausen Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Howdy...

I'm getting the same error message. I've tried reinstalling several times, and always get the the same message. I've tried searching for the Ingres file in Windows (Vista - 32bit) and it doesn't even appear to be on the computer...
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks,

M.
    ???
  • Options
    Hi,
    we will release version 2.0 in a short time. This will be Client Server based, so that you don't need to have the database installed locally. Unfortunately until then there will be no real solution for that problem.
    Only thing I could do is to dump the database to MySQL, so that you can setup your own database and modify the settings for RapidNet accordingly. But you will have to do this on your own, we cannot give you much support for that.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    MurenhausenMurenhausen Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Hello Sebastian,

Thanks for the reply. Does this then mean that it is not in fact possible to install RapidNet on a Windows Vista 32-bit machine simply using the installation files available from the download links on the RapidNet section of the site? The installation actually requires the further steps that you describe in the second half of your reply?
    Thanks again,

M.
  • Options
    Hi,
    nein. Normalerweise sollte das einfach ohne Probleme durchlaufen. Wenn es das aber nicht tut, ist die Fehlerdiagnose vor allem aus der Entfernung so schwierig, dass ich da wenig Hoffnung habe helfen zu können. Unter uns gesagt ist der Installer von Ingres ein wenig fragil, weshalb die Datenbank dann manchmal nicht korrekt installiert wird. Das war eine politische Entscheidung Ingres zu wählen...

Grüße,
      Sebastian Land