Options

Rapidminer Server not starting up on OSX 10.9.1

gamgambambamgamgambambam Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi everyone,

So I've been stuck on this problem for over a month now and after spending many hours searching the forums I still cannot find a solution.

My problem is that after installing Rapidminer Server on my Mac (OSX 10.9.1) it does not start up. When I run standalone.sh it gets to this line...

INFO  [org.ajax4jsf.cache.LRUMapCacheFactory] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 54) Creating LRUMap cache instance of default capacity

and after about a minute, times out and cancels.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, feel free to tell me off if I have somehow missed a solution to this problem somewhere else in the forum.

Here's the final part of the script from the failed standalone.sh...

18:36:55,234 INFO  [org.ajax4jsf.cache.LRUMapCacheFactory] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 54) Creating LRUMap cache instance of default capacity
18:41:53,041 WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna] (Transaction Reaper) ARJUNA012117: TransactionReaper::check timeout for TX 0:ffffc0a80107:39eff6e8:52f470dc:8 in state  RUN
18:41:53,067 WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna] (Transaction Reaper Worker 0) ARJUNA012095: Abort of action id 0:ffffc0a80107:39eff6e8:52f470dc:8 invoked while multiple threads active within it.
18:41:53,068 WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna] (Transaction Reaper Worker 0) ARJUNA012108: CheckedAction::check - atomic action 0:ffffc0a80107:39eff6e8:52f470dc:8 aborting with 1 threads active!
18:41:53,069 WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.arjuna] (Transaction Reaper Worker 0) ARJUNA012121: TransactionReaper::doCancellations worker Thread[Transaction Reaper Worker 0,5,main] successfully canceled TX 0:ffffc0a80107:39eff6e8:52f470dc:8

Thank you,
Alex

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

what are your system specs?
    From the looks of it, one of the necessary libraries tries to initialize something and does not manage to do so in time before the timeout kicks in and it gets killed. If your system specs are sufficient, you could try to increase the timeout in the standalone.xml in the folder RM_SERVER/standalone/configuration/. Search for "timeout" and try increasing the values (note that some are in minutes, another is in seconds).

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    gamgambambamgamgambambam Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    Thanks for your reply Marco,

I'm using a Macbook Pro with a Core i5 2.4GHz processor and 4 GB of RAM.

I took your advice and extended the timeout time to 20 minutes and it still failed.

Any advice as to what I should do next? Would the issue have anything to do with how I installed Rapidminer Server or that I'm running OSX 10.9.1?

Thanks,
    Alex
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

the server is most likely installed correctly, so my guess is the reason is some combination of your hard- and software. Do you use Java 7 and does the server use Java 7 to start?
    There should be no special issues starting the server on a Mac (and we have none with our test machines).

Regards,
    Marco