Server Installation - standalone.sh does not initialize

OstrowskiOstrowski Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

I am not an expert when it comes to SQL servers, specially using macOS, but I went through all steps from Server Installation Guide and getting help from a couple videos I finished all intalation steps.

16732037_707933352714286_1063188996_o.jpgConnection successfully established

However, when trying to execute the standalone.sh file I get the message bellow and no acces to localhost:8080. It might be something with the java path, but how to configure it?

Last login: Mon Feb 13 11:11:03 on ttys000

/Users/Ostrowski/Documents/bin/standalone.sh ; exit;

Ostrowskis-MacBook-Pro:~ Ostrowski$ /Users/Ostrowski/Documents/bin/standalone.sh ; exit;

=========================================================================

JBoss Bootstrap Environment

JBOSS_HOME: /Users/Ostrowski/Documents

JAVA: /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java/bin/java

JAVA_OPTS:  -server -Xms1303m -Xmx6144M -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=org.jboss.byteman -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djboss.modules.policy-permissions=true -Duser.country=US -Duser.language=en -Dcom.sun.jndi.ldap.connect.pool.timeout=300000

=========================================================================

/Users/Ostrowski/Documents/bin/standalone.sh: line 310: /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java/bin/java: Not a directory

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

Thanks for your time guys!

John Ostrowski

Tagged:

Best Answer

• mmichelmmichel Employee, Member Posts: 129 RM Engineering
    Solution Accepted

Hi John,

you can specify the Java path (JAVA_HOME) in the standalone.conf files. If you are starting the server via standalone.sh you need to modify the standalone.conf file. In case of standalone.bat you need to edit the standalone.conf.bat file.

Cheers,

Marcel

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Ok, I'm not a MAC user but I'm sure there's a way to set your PATH environment variables. I have a JAVA_HOME path set to C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_91\ and that does the trick for me.

Another thing to check into, in Linux had to do a chmod +x ./standalone.sh in the past, it might also be a permission issue.

• OstrowskiOstrowski Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Ok changing the path did the trick!

It was apparently a bug that when getthing the path from java from System Preferences > Java > Java > View the Path already contained the final "/bin/java" which is applied by default on the standalone.sh. By removing the final extension the installation finished properly!

Thank you RM Community!

John Ostrowski