Server Repository Timeout

FBTFBT Member Posts: 106 Unicorn
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi Community,

I have a problem similar to this one from 2014. One of my server processes produced a significant amount (about 4000 entries) of not too small repository entries (each has about 800 Kb). When I am now trying to refresh the repository folder in RM Studio, I get a timeout error:

RM_TimeoutError.png

I seem to be running into the "transaction timeout" mentioned in the referenced post, which makes sense to me, as I expect the refresh to take a couple of minutes, considering the folder size.

I searched the docs and the forum, but could not find the right property in the settings to increase the "transaction" time. I am still on RM 7.6, but would expect to also encounter this error in a more recent version, unless the default time has been increased.

Splitting up the folder would not be an ideal solution for me. I would be very grateful, if someone ( @Marco_Boeck ?) could point me in the right direction. Maybe I am just missing something very simple here. 

Thank you very much!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted

Hi @FBT,

the relevant setting should be
    Default connection timeout which is located in the System tab of your RapidMiner Studio Settings.

The initial value is 20000 ms, i.e. 20 sec.

Best,

Edin

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

tagging @Edin_Klapic.

Scott

• FBTFBT Member Posts: 106 Unicorn

Thank you very much - issue solved! I looked everywhere, just not in the most obvious spot. 

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
  • FBTFBT Member Posts: 106 Unicorn

No, it isn't -  but probably rightly so. I just wrongly assumed that the timeout message is coming from the server. In fact it is RM Studio that throws the error, if a server pull takes longer then the default connection timeout set in the settings.