Server does not start after clean install on windows 10

mereepmereep Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hello,

I tried to install Rapidminer Server right now (Clean first install). The installation went without errors (Except, that I could barely read anything on the dialogs due to no support for HighRes Profiles) 

But when I try to run the server using "standalone.bat" I get bombed with error messages. I will append some Screenshots for this.

My environment:

- Windows 10 Latest updates

- jre1.8.0_172

- Database connector: mysql-connector-java-5.1.46 (Test in setup process was successful)

- MySQL Server: Server version: 5.7.21-log MySQL Community Server (GPL)

If you need further details, just ask me.

Any help appreciated :smileyhappy:

Answers

• mereepmereep Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

I want to append some more messages that appear in the server CLI (since I am not able to EDIT anymore):

16:22:07,020 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS014612: Operation ("add") failed - address: ([("subsystem" => "jca")]) - failure description: {"JBAS014879: One or more services were unable to start due to one or more indirect dependencies not being available." => {
    "Services that were unable to start:" => [
    "jboss.connector.transactionintegration",
    "jboss.rarepository"
    ],
    "Services that may be the cause:" => [
    "jboss.deployment.subunit.\"rapidminer-server-8.2.0.ear\".\"rapidminer-server-war.war\".deploymentCompleteService",
    "jboss.network.management",
    "jboss.network.public"
    ]
    }}
    16:22:07,041 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS014612: Operation ("add") failed - address: ([
    ("subsystem" => "web"),
    ("connector" => "http")
    ]) - failure description: {"JBAS014879: One or more services were unable to start due to one or more indirect dependencies not being available." => {
    "Services that were unable to start:" => ["jboss.web.connector.http"],
    "Services that may be the cause:" => [
    "jboss.deployment.subunit.\"rapidminer-server-8.2.0.ear\".\"rapidminer-server-war.war\".deploymentCompleteService",
    "jboss.network.management",
    "jboss.network.public"
    ]
    }}

This looks like JBOSS is making some kind of trouble and does not start / is not available. What could possibly go wrong on my site for this to happen?

Any help appreciated 

• jpuentejpuente Employee, Member Posts: 53 RM Product Management

Hi. Could you please attach the full Server log? There's not enough information in the screenshots. The log is here:

[installation path]\standalone\log\server.log

• Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist

Hi @mereep,

On the first picture (error_1.png) the JobAgent log is displayed. The error messages "Could not refresh JMS connection..." mean that the connection to RapidMiner Server cannot be made. These messages are normal during startup, since the Server needs a little bit longer to start than the JobAgent.

Regarding the second picture (error_2.png): Right next to the Timestamp is the info regarding the type of log entry. The entries displayed on this picture are of type "INFO" which means you can safely ignore them.

Nevertheless, in the second post you entered an error message indeed pointing to a startup error of RapidMiner Server. A first guess leads that the Port on which you installed RapidMiner Server is already occupied. Maybe you can check that?

For a more detailed investigation please post the logfile as @jpuente already mentioned.

Happy Mining,

Edin

• mereepmereep Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

I think I found the problem meanwhile:

It was due to the binding to the Host. The default value (Computer Name) in the setup does not work. I reinstalled the server and changed that value to "localhost" manually. The Server now seems to start. I will still append you the old Server log if you want to investigate further.

---

I cannot post the host due to 

The file server.log does not have a valid extension for an attachment and has been removed. jpg,gif,png,pptx,docx,pdf,jar,rmp,zip,csv,xml,buildingblock,txt are the valid extensions.

I will append as .txt, but you should change that in the forum settings.