User rigths for just using web app

kershovkershov Member Posts: 9 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hello!

Which rights should I give to user for just using web app like from public link, but throw login and password?

Tagged:

Answers

• Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist

Hi kershov,

Just for viewing a Web App with user / password the necessary roles are:

• report viewer
    • analyst
    • service
    • user
    • execute

But you also need to make sure that the user has access rights to the folders where the Web App and the corresponding processes are stored.

Best,

Edin

• kershovkershov Member Posts: 9 Contributor I

Hello Edin! Thanks for response again!

It's good solution, but there is still Quick Navigation panel, Opened and etc. It's possible to get into web application with interface of public link (like on screenshot) throw login and password?

11.png 66.2K
  • Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist

Hi kershov,

so you want to make your Web App available without the need for logging in via user / password, right?

Therefore you need to create the user anonymous, set some parameters in the RapidMiner Server Web interface and make sure that the user has the necessary access rights to the app and the corresponding processes.

In the edit section of your Web App there is a public link which should might then share.

The steps with all screenshots are described in detail in our docs page https://docs.rapidminer.com/server/administration/user-management/special-users.html

Hope this helps,

Edin

• kershovkershov Member Posts: 9 Contributor I

Hello, Edin!

No, I want make my web-app available only through logging.

But is it possible for user (after logging via user/password) to see the interface of web-application like from user anonymous (without Quick Navigation panel and all other stuff)?

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn

Hi,

I think I made it working once using a JavaScript snipped I integrated into the WebApp. I think I made it being called by miss-using a css property, which is not escaped, so that you can use it to introduce any html snippet into your webapp.
    I then checked for a parameter being appended on the url but which is ignored by RM Server and switched via JavaSCript to the Full Screen mode of RapidMiner.

Greetings,

Sebastian