"What is the difference between Reporting Extension and RapidAnalytics"

smitrasmitra Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi..

I have used Rapid Miner,since i am interested to create report after all the extraction,manipulation,etc i came across Reporting Extension
and RapidAnalytics.Since both are used for reporting purpose,i wanted to know what is the difference between them and which will be most appropriate for report generation.

Thanks and waiting for positive reply..
Tagged:

Answers

• fischerfischer Member Posts: 439 Maven
    Hi,

well, RapidAnalytics is not only for reporting. It is a data mining server. However, it has a reporting component. The difference is that the RapidMiner Reporting Extension (which, to add to the confusion, can also be used on RapidAnalytics) generates static reports. E.g., it generates a set of static HTML pages or a PDF file. Static means, you cannot click into it. With RapidAnalytics, you can make dynamic reports where, e.g., you click on one chart, triggering a drill-down which then updates another plot. Also, the report will be generated on live data whenever it is being looked at.

Best,
    Simon
  • smitrasmitra Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
    Hi Simon Fischer
    Thanks for the quick reply..
    I want to some thing with resperct to RapidAnalytics,Rapid Miner with Reporting Extension and without extension.
    Can we have graphs like speedo meter,line graph,etc in above mentioned tool???
    We have scatter graph which just gives the points,can we have a graph which will draw a line using the points,so that we can see the deviation,etc.

Thanks in advance.
    Any idea or suggestions are welcome..
    Hi,

yes, this is possible.

One exception: speedometer is only for C-level.

Best,
    Simon
  • smitrasmitra Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
    Hi,

Would you please explain what is 'C-Level'.

Also let me know if it is possible to create customised or user generated reports in Rapid Analytics.

If yes, please let us know how which component would be suitable to do the same.

Appreciate your help.
    Hi,
    smitra wrote:

Would you please explain what is 'C-Level'.
    Rather not. Jokes don't improve when they are explained. :-)

Using the community version of RapidAnalytics, you can use Processes -> Services to turn your processes into dynamically updating individual plots that you can view on the Web, e.g. flash charts. In the community edition there is no editor to arrange these and combine them into a report, but the enterprise edition has a powerful report editor.

Best,
    Simon