Where to find .rmp(Process) files which in server repository(Not local repository)

lakshmikanthredlakshmikanthred Member Posts: 7 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Where to find .rmp(Process) files which in server repository(Not local repository). I am able to connect .rmp files of local repository from java. But i am not able to connect server repository processes(rmp) from java. Please help.

Thanks in advance

Tagged:

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

That's probably because there are no *.rmp files in Server, the processes are stored in database tables.

• JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn

Yes, as Tom pointed out the processes are stored in a database. 

When you're using RapidMiner Server your processes are more secure than on your local file system, this is because you might have many users in a server environment and don't want everyone to be able to access everything.  Therefore to read and execute your processes needs special user permissions. 

I won't go too deeply into the user permissions as the default settings are probably fine for your, but the simplest way to integrate into your program is to expose your process as a WebService:

How to guide for webservices.

It's really straightforward once you get started and calling it from your Java program will work fine. 

• lakshmikanthredlakshmikanthred Member Posts: 7 Contributor I

Thanks Tom and JEdward for Reply.

I have checked all tables in Database and find process name in ra_ent_processexecparam table. I am not getting how to use those data like .rmp static file. So i tried in below way.

As you suggested i have created web service for process and consuming same through java. But i am facing problem to send input parameter as excel to the web service. Is there any way to pass parameter as excel file from java while accessing web service url.

Thanks in advance

• lakshmikanthredlakshmikanthred Member Posts: 7 Contributor I

Hi 

I am able to pass excel file as input parameter to web service. File is taking succesfully as input from server path but not from user system, Is there a option to provide excel as input from user system. So it can upload by mutliple users.

Thanks in advance

• Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

if you use a RapidMiner Server Web App you could take a look at this Knowledge Base entry describing the necessary steps.

There you create a HTML form with input type "file" triggering a HTTP post. The post action reflects the URL to the Webservice which handles the Excel file.
    This way the user has a upload button with an integrated file picker.

Hope this helps,

Edin