change system time

sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi...how do you change the system time (or time zone) for RM Server?  I seem to be permanently stuck on GMT.

Scott

Tagged:

Best Answer

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

Hi Scott,

a RapidMiner Server's time is defined by two things: The computer system's time and the time zone of the computer.

Each OS has defined both things, if you change it there it should be changed on your server as well.

Please notice that having two different time zones between your Studio and Server can cause different results of processes as the default is to use the system's time zone.

So if you have a server in the cloud in a different timezone this can cause problems. All time dependent operators all to explicitly set the timezone, this might be necessary then.

It may be, that your server is configured to use UTC (which is GMT with no summertime) to have a fixed point of reference.

Unfortunately I don't remember if we changed something with your server when we set it up. If it is still the same installation at all.

Greetings,

Sebastian

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for that.  Yes I finally figured out about the system time and found out the hard way about different system times between your computer and the server.  Goodness things can really get screwed up.  I had processes coming and going like a futuristic time machine.  :)

I also figured out my other question...just use the timeout command in Unix prior to the command.  Works fine.

Scott