python package installation

hayounghayoung Member Posts: 2 Learner I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi, I recently installed rapidminer server/studio on my machine, and trying to read data from some external database in python script. Specifically, I installed snowflake-connector-python package on my machine to read data from snowflake, but when running python script in rapidminer studio, line "import snowflake.connector" generates error ("No module named 'snowflake'), which works in my machine's python. Any suggestion? Thanks

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

Snowflake provides a JDBC driver. I would recommend to use this.

Best,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • SGolbertSGolbert RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 344 Unicorn

Hi,

aside from Martin's suggestion, I bet that the Python path is not correctly configured. If you installed Python through Anaconda or a similar distribution, you have to set the paths in Studio/Server. Otherwise it won't find it or (for example in Ubuntu) it will find the default python installation.

More info:

https://rapidminer.com/blog/adding-path-properties-rapidminer-server/

• SGolbertSGolbert RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 344 Unicorn

Hi,

I've found out that you need to set these properties in the job agents also. You have to manually edit the file {jobAgentBaseDir}/config/container/container.properties

and add the line

rapidminer.python_scripting.path = {pathToPythonDistribution}/bin/python