relative path for referencing files or objects on Server repository

Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
edited December 2018 in Help

I remember there is a shortcut to providing a relative path to a file that is already stored on the Server repository (e.g., to reference an image file that you want to publish in a web app), but I don't remember the exact formulation and couldn't find it.  Can someone remind me?  Something like "/internal/resources/{actual path}"  is what I recall, but I can't seem to get it quite right.  Thanks in advance!

Brian T.
Lindon Ventures 
Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn

I should have tagged some of the relevant Server experts in my initial post, like @BalazsBarany or @SGolbert or @JEdward or @Thomas_Ott.  Thanks guys!

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
  • Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

@Telcontar120 hmm, I did not know of such shortcut. Would be cool to find out! 

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn

@rfuentealba Thanks for the reminder!  And actually, you don't need the http://localhost:8080 portion either, you can just start the reference with /internal/rest/resources/...

(I had forgotten the /rest/ portion of the path).  I just retested this and it works.

And good reminder on the file permissions as well!

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
  • rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn

Ah yeah, the host and port thing was just as I copied and pasted from a (non-RapidMiner) app that had to consume resources from RM Server.

Glad it worked!

• Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist

@rfuentealba @Telcontar120 @Thomas_Ott

Just for completion:

The link for objects which are available for everyone (i.e. where anonymous applies) is: /api/rest/public/resources/...

Happy Mining,

Edin