server Java error is null

sheelakasbekarsheelakasbekar Member Posts: 9 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

hi,

the attached error is reflection while downloading rapidminer server

Tagged:

Answers

• Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist

Hi @sheelakasbekar,

Unfortunately, the error message itself is in this case not very helpful. A wild guess is that it could be related to an incorrect connection definition in RapidMiner.

Can you please provide your RapidMiner Studio log file?

It is located in the folder .RapidMiner of your user and has the name rapidminer-studio.log.

Best regards,

Edin

• sheelakasbekarsheelakasbekar Member Posts: 9 Contributor I

Hi Jane,

Please find attached word document reflecting the error.

Thanks

Sheela

• Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist

Hi @sheelakasbekar,

it seems RapidMiner Server has not been started properly.

Unfortunately, from the screenshots you posted I can only guess what is wrong.

I assume you installed RapidMiner Server with the normal installation and during installation checked "Run as Windows Service". Correct, so far?

To me, it seems that after installation you moved / copied the standalone.bat and standalone.bat.conf file to a different location than your RapidMiner Server installation folder, is that correct? This cannot work.

In order to start RapidMiner Server you need to start the standalone.bat file from within the bin folder of your RapidMiner Server installation directory.

You may create a shortlink to this file and store this shortlink on a different place in your computer.

If you cannot make it work in a reasonable amount of time, it is always an option to uninstall RapidMiner Server (deleting the installation folder would be sufficient) and install it again.

Best regards,

Edin

Also after executing the standalone.bat file from within the installation directory (i.e. <installation-directory>/bin/standalone.bat) a log file is created.

It would be helpful if you could provide this file stored under <installation-directory>/standalone/log/server.log.

Best regards,

Edin

• JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn

About two weeks ago one of my clients had a similar issue on their Windows Server.  After a lot of digging I managed to trace it to a windows update... (& yes, there is no reason why it should have affected Java, but it did). 

My solution was to install RapidMiner Studio on the same machine and make sure that RapidMiner Server uses the bundled Java from RM Studio, rather than whatever version was running on the Windows Server.  This will prevent Windows deciding to unexpectedly break things in an update, but also handily keeps Java updated based on whichever bundled version is with RM Studio.  (So as long as up update your RM Studio, you'll also have the stable version of Java tested by RM's top QC team too!)