server error 500 occurred

micheljanosmicheljanos Member Posts: 40 Maven
edited December 2018 in Help

Hello, 

At browsing sever command I get the message "Error occurred A server error 500 occurred: . The error has been recorded. " 

Best,

Michel

Tagged:

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hi @micheljanos,

can you please have a look on the server.log? There should be more information. See: https://docs.rapidminer.com/latest/server/administration/error-logs.html

Best,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

It's been my experience with this error that there is a connectivity problem. 

• zprekopcsakzprekopcsak RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 47 Guru

@micheljanos: which version of Server are you using?

• micheljanosmicheljanos Member Posts: 40 Maven

Hi Zoltan,

Please check the steps I took today:

1. Started RM v. 7.6.001 and unsucesfully tried to connect to server. I was normally connecting, but have not used the Server for a few weeks.

2. I re-installed mySql and RM server (V.8) and was able to connect to App Designer front page but not to Web interface getting the 500 error.

3. I made and update to RM v.8, by Marketplace.

4. After re-starting RM the update is not installed and I can't even connect to Server.

See att. Server log

best,

Michel

• Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven

@micheljanos it seems that one of the components of RM Server could not start due to an illegal host name:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in hostname at index 10: tcp://NASA_SERVER:5672

Please open $RM_SERVER_INSTALLATION$/standalone/configuration/execution.properties and change the property `jobservice.queue.activemq.host` to an IP or a valid hostname according to https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2396.txt

Afterwards please restart RapidMiner Server and check whether it is working now.

Capturar.JPG

How do I change execution.properties?

@Nils_Woehler wrote:

@micheljanos it seems that one of the components of RM Server could not start due to an illegal host name:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in hostname at index 10: tcp://NASA_SERVER:5672

Please open $RM_SERVER_INSTALLATION$/standalone/configuration/execution.properties and change the property `jobservice.queue.activemq.host` to an IP or a valid hostname according to https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2396.txt

Afterwards please restart RapidMiner Server and check whether it is working now.

• atimmatimm Employee, Member Posts: 24 RM Engineering

@micheljanos You can open the file execution.properties with your favorite text editor.

After changes still 500 error

Capturar1.JPGCapturar2.JPG

• atimmatimm Employee, Member Posts: 24 RM Engineering

@micheljanos

I would recommend to re-install RapidMiner Server and use your correct hostname or simply localhost to make it work properly.

Hope that helps, we will get your server up and running!