Apply the discretize operator at each year

V23V23 Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi RapidMiner community,

I am working on a project where I have to analyze the world economy by calculating the GDP and class them into 4 quartiles at each year.
I’ve used the discretize by frequency operator. However, when I apply it, it discretizes the whole dataset into 4 quartiles (that contains data for more than 60 years), and I would like to apply this operator and find the 4 quartiles at each year (so it will have different countries within the first quartile in 1950 and in 2000 for example).

Do you have any ideas how I could proceed?

Thanks for your time!

Best Answer

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted

Hi,

the easiest way is to use Group into Collection from operator toolbox, group into years and use Loop Collection afterwards to calculate yourquantiles per year.

Cheers,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany

Answers

• V23V23 Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

Great that works! I hadn't those operator and had to download the extension :).
    However, after the "loop collection" we have to put an specific output. The best I found is the "Select" operator, but I can select only one year at the time. Is there a solution where I can select more than one, or even better have the whole data treated in the loop for each year on the same table?

Thanks a lot for your previous answers, that help me a lot!

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

have a look at the Append operator. it can make a table out of the collection again.

Cheers,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • V23V23 Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    That's exactly what I needed!
    Thanks a lot, I've been turning around for quite a while :)