Options

'Break' in RepeatUntilOperatorChain operator.

ShubhaShubha Member Posts: 139 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

This question is with regard to the RepeatUntilOperatorChain operator. As I understand this operator can do a task for a certain iterations and also for some timeout.

Now, I want to perform certain operations for random number of times. So, I set the max_iteraions parameter to be say 100. In one run i need only say 15 iterations and in another run i may need say 3 iterations etc. Suppose that i got the result at say 5th iteration. Then, i need to terminate the loop, instead of carrying till 100 iterations. How do i do this? Is there any other operator which can do the same job?

I herewith give an example.
<operator name="Root" class="Process" expanded="yes">
    <operator name="ExampleSetGenerator (3)" class="ExampleSetGenerator">
        <parameter key="target_function" value="spiral cluster"/>
        <parameter key="number_of_attributes" value="2"/>
    </operator>
    <operator name="RepeatUntilOperatorChain" class="RepeatUntilOperatorChain" expanded="yes">
        <parameter key="max_iterations" value="5"/>
        <operator name="SingleMacroDefinition" class="SingleMacroDefinition">
            <parameter key="macro" value="k"/>
            <parameter key="value" value="10"/>
        </operator>
        <operator name="LOFOutlierDetection (2)" class="LOFOutlierDetection">
            <parameter key="minimal_points_lower_bound" value="%{k}"/>
            <parameter key="minimal_points_upper_bound" value="%{k}"/>
        </operator>
        <operator name="IOStorer" class="IOStorer">
            <parameter key="name" value="Mydata"/>
            <parameter key="io_object" value="ExampleSet"/>
            <parameter key="remove_from_process" value="false"/>
        </operator>
    </operator>
    <operator name="IORetriever" class="IORetriever">
        <parameter key="name" value="Mydata"/>
        <parameter key="io_object" value="ExampleSet"/>
    </operator>
</operator>

Actually in the above code in each iteration, i will change the macro value k. And I terminate for k, which has satifactory results. So, how to break the loop after certain condition is met?

Thanks, Shubha

Answers

• Options
    TobiasMalbrechtTobiasMalbrecht Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 295 RM Product Management
    Hi,

and how do you determine if the results are satisfactory?

Regards,
    Tobias
  • Options
    Thats something not decided completely... Right now its on a trial and error basis (say some maximum outliers will be dropped/marked). So, i will try with some trials and want to come out of the loop at that ietration.

Thanks, Shubha
  • Options
    Hi,

Just wanted to share that I got resolved this in a different way...

Actually, my loop had the CommandLineOperator which takes user inputs in the beginning of the loop and at the end of the loop, the user can see the results of the parameter he has put. So, the question was if I had set the MaximumIterations to 100, and if i got the result at say 5th iteration, i need to continue entering for the user input for rest 95 iterations. I wanted to avoid these 95 loops being getting executed. This was my worry.

So, the solution was I put this operator "RepeatUntilOperatorChain" inside the very helpful operator, "ExceptionHandling". So, once the user sees that he got his result in the 5th iteration, coming to the 6th iteration he can input an invalid input (in my case a character), so that the loop stops at that point because of the "ExceptionHandling" operator and starts executing the operators which are after the loop. I really have to thank this "ExceptionHandling Operator". (Yes, I need to confirm that it doesn't overhandle the other errors.)

But felt like, there should have been a do-while loop still...or dont know... but, I am very happy today... :)

Thanks,
    Shubha Karanth