Comparison Neural nets with general statistical approaches?

eldenosoeldenoso Member Posts: 65 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hello altogether,

as I want to do a comparison between different statistical methods and neural nets I am searching for a good and interpretable dataset. Unlike datasets like the Sonar dataset, where patterns are not obvious to the human eye, I am searching for a dataset where the "patterns" are already known, so that I can validate both methods in detail.

I appreciate every tip of you!

Thank you in advance 

Philipp

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

What about the Iris data set? When you make a scatterplot of the attributes with the labels as colors you can easily see the patterns.

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn

The Titanic dataset is also pretty approachable from a human interpretability perspective and has a lot more observations than the Iris dataset.  

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • eldenosoeldenoso Member Posts: 65 Contributor I

Thank you both for your answers! 

Yes, I know both examples. And if I can't find other examples I am going to take them, but since I am usually doing everything with them, I hoped that there maybe is another option, just for curious reasons.

Thank you again :)

Philipp