Connecting to Denodo Server using JDBC

jlozanojlozano Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi Rapidminer commnunity!

I'm trying to connect Rapidminer Studio to a Denodo server as a database adding a new JDBC driver. When clicking on the "Test Connection" button I'm getting the error "attempt to add a Permission to a readonly Permissions object" and I can't continue. Do you know what could be the reason for the error and if there is any way to fix it or debug it? 

Thank you for your help! 

Tagged:

Answers

• jlozanojlozano Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

This is the log obtained:

WARNING: Error: Failed to load table data: java.sql.SQLException: attempt to add a Permission to a readonly Permissions object

com.rapidminer.repository.RepositoryException: Failed to load table data: java.sql.SQLException: attempt to add a Permission to a readonly Permissions object

at com.rapidminer.extension.jdbc.repository.db.DBConnectionFolder.ensureLoaded(DBConnectionFolder.java:242)

at com.rapidminer.extension.jdbc.repository.db.DBConnectionFolder.getSubfolders(DBConnectionFolder.java:147)

at com.rapidminer.repository.gui.RepositoryTreeModel$3.run(RepositoryTreeModel.java:407)

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: attempt to add a Permission to a readonly Permissions object

at com.denodo.vdb.jdbcdriver.dao.DAOVDBProxy.connect(DAOVDBProxy.java:184)

at com.denodo.vdb.jdbcdriver.VDBJDBCConnection.getConnection(VDBJDBCConnection.java:124)

at com.denodo.vdb.jdbcdriver.VDBJDBCDriver.connect(VDBJDBCDriver.java:197)

at com.rapidminer.extension.jdbc.tools.jdbc.DriverAdapter.connect(DriverAdapter.java:40)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at com.rapidminer.extension.jdbc.tools.jdbc.DatabaseHandler.connect(DatabaseHandler.java:273)

at com.rapidminer.extension.jdbc.tools.jdbc.DatabaseHandler.getConnectedDatabaseHandler(DatabaseHandler.java:209)

at com.rapidminer.extension.jdbc.repository.db.DBConnectionFolder.ensureLoaded(DBConnectionFolder.java:235)

... 2 more

Do you think this could be caused by the security restrictions explained http://docs.rapidminer.com/developers/security/ ? In that case how can we solve the issue or certify the Denodo's JDBC driver so it can be used with RapidMiner? 

Thanks!

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

This looks like a permission issue, do you have full read/write access? From the error msg it looks like you only have read permissions?

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering

Hi,

RapidMiner Studio 7.3.1 contains a workaround for this and should therefore work.

If anyone is interested, the root cause for this is a bug in Java itself which Denodo runs into when using an unconventional way to communicate with the database.

Regards,

Marco