jricgarjricgar Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi all,

I have a exampleset with events including this properties:

- ID

- Init time

- End time

- Type of event

I want to detect anomalies based on the number of these event by date. But aggegrating these events using standar aggregation operator (by date) only takes into account dates with events, and there are quite dates dont have any. So, I suposse before aggregating I need to outer join events exampleset with a list of dates (between first and last day), because there are some days without events that have to be taken into account. How can I create this dates list? ¿Any other way to aggregate or count events in ALL days?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn

Hi!

Yes, an outer join with the additional dates you need is the standard procedure, just like with a database.

Aggregate will only work on the elements that are in the input.

Regards,

Balázs

• jricgarjricgar Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

That is what I thought. And, what would be the easiest way to get that list/exampleset using RM operators?

Thanks for your help :)

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn

There's a Generate Date Series operator in the Operator Toolbox extension.