Options

Decision Tree Output Formats from RM Server

IngoNIngoN Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to RapidMiner and I'm currently building a web application to show the results of some processes.

Unfortunately I am not able to generate a useful output from a decision table process.

I tried to select JSON as Output Format but unfortunately I don't get any response when calling the service. 

Is there any possibility to use decision tree services with a generic, reusable output format like JSON or XML?

The goal is to create an interactive decision tree with some visualization frameworks like D3.js.

Thanks in advance,

Ingo

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist

Hi Ingo,

most RapidMiner objects are in the background XML files. You can use Write Model to write the decision tree to disc and read it again with Read XML or maybe easier Read Document. That should return a XML of the tree.

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

The answer is yes but you will need the RapidMiner Server to expose the Decision Tree model. This is done in the Server by creating a webservice in many different formats, JSON and XML being in the list. 

D3js integration is completly doable but it requires a few extra steps on the Server side. If you want to just export the Decision Tree rules, you can use the Tree to Rules operator as well.