Decision tree Operator

pemcowboypemcowboy Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hello, I am a bit confused.  I am currently using Rapid Miner version 7.5.001.  I am not able to find the Decision Tree operator within the Modeling>Prediction>Trees menu structure.  Does anyone know if I need to load an additional package and if so, what package will include this operator?

Also, has any one ever had an issue loading the Aylien extention?  I have tried a few times unsuccessfully. Any insights would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

I'm using RM on a Windows machine and I can the Decision Tree operators. 

If you have problems with Aylien, I'd ping them directly. They come by the Community every once in a while. 

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hi...you may want to check the version of the Aylien extension to ensure that it's compatible with 7.5.001:

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 12.59.02 PM.png

As for Decision Tree, I know that this operator has been improved recently and sometimes may cause trouble with old processes that had a Decision Tree operator in it.  Are you trying to create a new process with Decision Tree or edit an old one?  Updating RapidMiner to version 7.5.003 (most recent version) may be a good idea.

Scott

• pemcowboypemcowboy Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Hey Scott, thanks for the suggestion.  Downloading the most recent version of Rapid Miner addressed ALL my issues.  Thanks very much