RapidMiner

Learner I hasan
Learner I

Downloading Rapidminer older versions

Hi, 

where can I download older versions of the Rapidminer Studio community or basic editions (e.g. version 6)? Since the newest community version (7.2) limits the data source count to 10000, i would like to switch to an older version where there is no such restriction. However, do not find it anywhere. 

12 REPLIES
RM Certified Expert
RM Certified Expert
Solution

Re: Downloading Rapidminer older versions

Hi Hasan, What's the use case for using the older version? If you're not using it commercially then why not apply for the personal use licence? https://rapidminer.com/academia/educational-program/ then you get all the features & not data limits for free. If you are using it commercially, is it not providing enough value to the business to justify the cost? If not, maybe start a discussion here and we can help you with ideas for building your business case. Smiley Happy
-- Training, Consulting, Sales in China, Hong Kong & Taiwan --
www.RapidMinerChina.com
Learner II naglaafci
Learner II

i want to download rapidminer studio 6.2 very urgently

RM Certified Expert
RM Certified Expert

The current free version of RapidMiner Studio is v7.3, please download that one. 

Note: It does have the 10,000 row limit. If you need a trial that unlocks unlimited rows, I'd suggest you reach out our sales department.

Guru
Guru

Hi Thomas:

I teach a course in Data Mining at a Business School. Our students stay in the program for 18 months. 

I have two reason to continue using version 6.5. and I would like to know where I stand "legally":

1) I created a set of very detailed tutorial for version 6.5. Version 7.3 does not do anything that version 6.5 does not (at least for the things I need). So I don't want to spend the time to create the tutorials for version 7.3.

2) Initially, the academic licenses were granted for a year. That worked great for me. Students only had to ask to renew at the end of the first year. Now licences last 3 months. It's annoying to ask student to renew 6 times. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful to RapidMiner. They have let me use a great piece of software with my students without any cost. What I want to know is : Am I violating any laws if I keep using 6.5. 

RM Certified Expert
RM Certified Expert

I'm not a lawyer but in theory you could use 6.5 for as long as you want BUT you're going to miss out on a lot of great RapidMiner enhancements (i.e. data core, parallelizaiton, deep learning, etc).  If you're in education, check out our educational program: https://rapidminer.com/educational-program/

RM Certified Expert
RM Certified Expert

@earmijo

Did you manage to resolve your need for RapidMiner 6.1 with a newer version of RapidMiner? 

As Tom mentioned, it really is losing out if you don't try out 7.3, but if you do really, really need it then when downloading you can replace the version numbers of the AmazonS3 link with a different RM version. 

So for example:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/rapidminer.releases/rapidminer-studio/7.3.1/rapidminer-studio-7.3.1-win64-i...

would become:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/rapidminer.releases/rapidminer-studio/6.1.0/rapidminer-studio-6.1.0-win64-i...

Please note that I doubt that RM would provide commercial support for these older versions, nor have I checked if the licencing mechanism would still function.  But if you download it then you can have a try.

-- Training, Consulting, Sales in China, Hong Kong & Taiwan --
www.RapidMinerChina.com
Guru
Guru

Thanks for the links JEdward.  I understand perfectly that the new version is superior, but I teach an introductory Data MIning course. Version 6.5 is more than enough for me. 

The main reasons for staying with version 6.5 are:

1) I have detailed tutorials in Spanish for version 6.5 but not for version 7.3. Eventually (probabily soon) I'll prepare those tutorials and I will migrate. 

2) Academic licenses last 3 months only. It's a hassle for students to keep renewing it. They don't have to do it with version 6.5. Once the commercial version expires, RM turns into the Community Edition. 

Highlighted
Maven
Maven

Hi @earmijo

Martin has informed me about the situation and I will send you a personal message here with the correct information to resolve this.

Bets regards

Steve

Newbie vrrrao2003

Hi,

I find this an extremely useful application. I faced a similar problem. I had to deal with a data size of 20000 but for some academic purposes; I am freelancer but I am not even sure how many times I could be using this. I am trying to download older version mentioned here but could I kindly suggest if it is possible from your side to launch an SAAS model for Rapidminer for varying sizes (pay as you use) way?

Thanks and best regards,

Venkat

Polls
How can RapidMiner increase participation in our new competitions?
Twitter Feed