Options

Error: Associatio​n Concurrent​Modificati​onExceptio​n

nrwstudentnrwstudent Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hello guys,

I have the same question another user asked months ago, but unfortunately there is no answer there yet.

I've got the rapidminer academia licence and I wanted to execute the process which is described in the book Data Mining Use Cases and Business Analytics Applications in Chapter 15 Text Mining with RapidMiner

It's an association mining process which consists of the operators Process Documents, Text to Nominal, Numerical to Binomial, FP-Growth and Create Association.

When I hit the run button I get the following error message:

Error executing background job 'Calculating result:Data':

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

Exception:java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

Stack trace:

java.util.ArrayList$ltr.checkForComodification(ArrayList.java:901)

java.util.ArrayListltr.next (ArrayList.java:851)

com.rapidminer.gui.viewer.AssociationRuleFilter.getFilter(AssociationRuleFilter.java:274)

com.rapidminer.gui.viewer.AssociationRuleFilter.fireFilteringEvent(AssociatioRuleFilter.java:265)

com.rapidminer.gui.viewer.AssociationRuleFilter.adjustFilter(AssociationRuleFilter.java:253)

com.rapidminer.gui.viewer.AssociationRuleFilter.triggerFilter(AssociationRuleFilter.java:237)

com.rapidminer.gui.viewer.AssociationRuleTableViewer.<init>(AssociationRuleTableViwer.java:94)

com.rapidminer.gui.renderer.itemsets.AssociationRulesTableRenderer.getVisualizationComponent(AssociationRulesTableRenderer.java:48)

com.rapidminer.gui.processeditor.results.ResultDisplayTools$1.run(ResultDisplayTools.java:148)

com.rapidminer.gui.tools.ProgressThread$3run(ProgressThread.java:550)

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

After closing the error message I can't see any data results from AssociationRules - but I do see the Graph. There where

the data should appear appears only an hourglass symbol and 'Creating Data, please wait...' 

Please be so kind and help me since I really need to know where the problem is.

Thanks in advance!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    nrwstudentnrwstudent Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    Solution Accepted

Thanks for your replies,

I somehow managed it by adding store operators to the process. Since then I've got no problem anymore, but I don't know the reason for that.

Anyway thanks!

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

this looks odd to me. Maybe @Marco_Boeck can help?

~martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering

Hi,

that would be a bug that occurs under certain circumstances. It may even work if you try a couple of times. I have created an internal bug ticket for that.

Regards,

Marco