Error on java application

ana_ptana_pt Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi! I made a restful web service which runs a RapidMiner process (through RapidMiner API).
It works perfectly on localhost (running on WildFly). So, I put it on amazon web services (AWS). There, the I get the error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/rapidminer/RapidMiner$ExecutionMode 

(line174).

Anyone knows what is happening?

xxxx.png

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• jczogallajczogalla Employee, Member Posts: 144 RM Engineering

Hi!

I'm sure you already have checked that, but is the RapidMiner jar also available in AWS and added to the classpath? From a runtime standpoint, ExecutionMode will only be the first class to be resolved and the application would also fail without line 174 because it may not find the RapidMiner class. Just wondering. :)

Cheers

Jan

• ana_ptana_pt Member Posts: 9 Contributor II

Hi Jan! 

Yes, the RapidMiner jar is available in AWS. The error could be related with licences?
    I find it strange to run perfectly on my laptop and faill on AWS :(

Cheers

Ana

Hi Ana,

I don't think it is related to licenses (at least not RM wise), that would create another error.

Yes, I know the feeling. I still think the classpath is somehow corrupted. How do you start the application on your laptop vs. AWS?

Cheers

Jan

• ana_ptana_pt Member Posts: 9 Contributor II

Hi Jan,

I'm sending an ajax request (post) by a mobile app. I created a RESTful webservice in java, who receives the request and apply them into a RapidMiner process.

On my laptop, I'm running the webservice on Wildfly server. I'm using Maven also, so I generate a .war file and put it on AWS.

Cheers,

Ana

Hi Ana,

How are you running your local setup? Do you start the webservice from an IDE? Are there any dependencies that are in the project but not in maven?

If you got it running on a local Wildfly server, are you also using a Wildfly instance on AWS (see here) or would that be an easier option?

You can also check if the .war file has eversthing it needs by opening it with a zip program and check the WEB_INF/lib/ folder inside if the RapidMiner jar is included.

Sorry for the many questions and the delay in answering. ;)

Cheers,

Jan