Export Data from one RM repository to one on another computer?

ScottDScottD Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
What's the best way to move a data set and it's associated types, labels, meta data etc. from one RM repository to another instance of RM on another computer?

Cutting and pasting the data is a problem it seems like from the warning that comes up when I open the repository folder...

What is the best practice regarding this in RM?

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

when you access your RapidMiner repository on your file system, you will notice that most entries consists of 2 or 3 files (they all start with the same name). Just copy those 2 or 3 files and you should be fine (if a process you copy references other objects in its originating repository structure, you of course need to either change the process or copy the repository structure as well).
    Example of the 3 files for the Iris sample data:

iris.ioo
    iris.md
    iris.properties
    Regards,
    Marco
  • amir_askary_shaamir_askary_sha Member Posts: 11 Contributor I

@Marco_Boeck

And then afterwards simply paste them in the folder of the new computer?

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering

Hi,

wow this one is old :)

Yes.

Regards,

Marco

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

@Marco_Boeck I recently turned on the feature that forces users to search in the archives before posting a similar query.  We'll see more of these "oldies but goodies" moving forward.  :)

Scott