Export Solution to jar (or similar)

andrea11andrea11 Member Posts: 18 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi everyone!
I projected a solution that i'd like to export, to make it be avaiable also from other PCs, without using RapidMiner. Is it possible? It'd be perfect something like "export to jar", or similar...
I searched all around the web but i couldn't find anything... Can someone help me?
Thank you so much! Apreciate it!  :D

Answers

• andrea11andrea11 Member Posts: 18 Contributor II
    None can help me? Just need to transform my project in an executable file...
    ??? Thanks!
  • IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

well, "without using RapidMiner" is of course not possible - you will need RM as an engine for executing your process. However, for this type of deployment usually one of the following options help:
    • Install RapidAnalytics and transform your analysis process to a web service. This is a matter of few clicks and the service can than easily be invoked. This is in general the recommended way for any type of integration. More information can be found in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBCUwA6llns
    • Save your analysis process to a file (.rmp) and invoke RapidMiner via command line. Still you will of course need a RapidMiner installed for that...
    Cheers,
    Ingo
  • colocolo Member Posts: 236 Maven
    Hi Andrea, hi Ingo,

here are just some ideas that came to my mind, but Ingo will have to provide additional information what's possible to add some sense to my suggestions ;)

If RapidAnalytics is a not a solution... maybe some kind of single JAR deployment will be helpful? I actually don't know if RapidMiner can be executed from a single library file, since I'm only building and starting it from eclipse. Perhaps providing a single JAR file with the process file and an additional command line script to execute the process will be a acceptable solution? Another possiblity might be the integration of the process file into the JAR archive, but I don't know if running (or addressing) processes from inside the JAR file is currently possible/supported. Having a single file would certainly fit Andrea's needs.

Regards
    Matthias
    Thanks Ingo, thanks Colo!

I'll try for sure Rapid Analytics, but it'd be great a solution in Matthias's style  :D
    @Ingo: can you tell us if it is possible?

Thanks  :)
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

well it might work if you're not using Repositories, have everything in one Eclipse project (using a process.xml file in the resources) and export everything from Eclipse via Runnable jar file (formerly known as Fat Jar export), although I've never tried that myself..
    Regards,
    Marco
  • IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Right, this could and should work - but would involve "serious" project management / IDE / Java knowledge...

Does it have to be a single file? If not, you could just use all libraries in the "lib" directory together with a single process file and an installed java. Go into the lib directory and try

java -jar rapidminer.jar <process_file>

Not 100% sure but could already work.

However, even than you have to a) install Java on all machines you want to distribute this to and b) distribute the Jar files and the process. Using web services via RA would be much more elegant here because you don't have to distribute anything. This makes deployment much simpler...

Just my 2c,
    Ingo
    If i do as Marco Boeck said, i obtain a directory with the libs and an executable .jar: if i run it, i get RM opened.

I tried to go to the lib directory and type java -jar rapidminer.jar <process_file> but:
    1) i've non "rapidminer.jar" file in the libraries folder
    2) what exactly do you mean by "process_file"? The process.xml I inserted in resources?

Thanks a lot to each one of you!
    I tried with the lib folder of my rapid miner installation. It makes RM start, not exactly what i want... :(
  • dataj1993dataj1993 Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

hi

can you  tell me please how can i use rapid miner  withe eclipse !! 

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
  • SGolbertSGolbert RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 344 Unicorn

Hi Andrea,

can you give us more detail about what are you planning to do? I think you can tackle most situations using RM Studio or RM Server, you don't need to go through a Java IDE at all.

Remember that RM Studio is portable, you can distribute the directory without asking other users to install it. You just have to be careful not to distribute your Studio Large license!