Options

FP-GROWTH Itemset - one of the items is oversupported

svtorykhsvtorykh Member Posts: 35 Guru
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi RM Team,

I have issue with FP-Growth operator.

My example set contains 32 columns across 12000 examples. For some reason one of the attributes (whichever has TRUE in the first example=first row) is always showing 94-95% support, although real support for this item is 4-5% across all examples. All other items are calculated properly. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Answers

• Options
    svtorykhsvtorykh Member Posts: 35 Guru

Problem solved by converting TRUE/FALSE in excel file to 0 and 1 and then converting numerical to binomial in RM.

I have another question though:) In the Associations Rule operator, I'm setting the min. confidence at 0.15, but in the results, I don't see the rules between 0.15 and 0.2. I see those rules if I set min confidence to 0.1. Why is this happening?

• Options
    bernardo_pagnonbernardo_pagnon Member, University Professor Posts: 64 University Professor
    The same happened to me regarding the min confidence parameter.
  • Options
    yyhuangyyhuang Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 364 RM Data Scientist
    Hi @bernardo_pagnon, could you share the sample data and process for us to investigate the issues? I tried to re-produce the bug by testing the template under //Samples/Templates/Market Basket Analysis/Market basket analysis. With a modified min confidence from 0.1 to 0.2, the association rules are updated correctly. BTW I am using 9.6. Thanks
  • Options
    bernardo_pagnonbernardo_pagnon Member, University Professor Posts: 64 University Professor
    Sure, there it is. I am using the Supermarket_extracted file, available at http://rapidminerbook.com/

• Options
    You are correct, the subtlely of two major modes solved the problem.
    Thanks!!!
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hello @bernardo_pagnon I will also add that the online http://rapidminerbook.com/ is very out-of-date and has not been maintained in years. I would strongly recommend using the RapidMiner Academy instead.

Scott
  • Options
    Oh, I see. that is too bad, it would be good to have a reference of a RapidMiner book to give it to my students. Any suggestions besides RM Academy?

Best,
    Bernardo
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    oh you're a professor? :smile: Let me change your rank and add you to the University Professor Stable. It has many KB pages including lists of books, etc..

Why didn't you tell us? :smile:

Scott