Options

Filtering changing examples

ga34hoxga34hox Member Posts: 6 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hallo everybody

i got a data set with about 200000 rows und i want to use a specific filter.

Example:

Row1    Old   Name1

Row2   New  Name1

Row3   Old   Name2

Row4   New  Name2

Row5   Old   Name1

Row6   New Name3

Row7  Old  Name3

Row8  New Name3

A filter operator (or an other) shall filter by "Name1". If this Name changes (here: to "Name3" in Row6) the filter should filter by "Name3" and so on. Finally i wanna have all the rows (In this case: Row 1,2,5,6,7 and 8). In the end the whole data set should be grouped.

Anybody an idea? Thank you so much. 

Regards ga41hox

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    kypexinkypexin Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 291 Unicorn

Hi @ga34hox

Aggregate operator seems to be the closest to the task you need to accomplish.

Though I didn't quite understand how exactly your output should like at the end?

• Options
    ga34hoxga34hox Member Posts: 6 Contributor I

Hi @kypexin

thanks for your reply.

I got some tools in my data set where each has a specific "name" (notation). But over time the name changes (in this example: "Name1" to "Name3"). In the end i wanna have all the names (notations) the specific tool have ever had till this day. My data set is full of different tools with changing names. The data set schould be grouped by tools. In the upper example there would be two groups (First: Row1,2,5,6,7,8 ; Second: Row3,4).

I hope you can understand.

Regards ga34hox

• Options
    Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn

It sounds like Aggregate should do the job.  You may need to use "Lag" first to detect when the name changes and then generate a flag for that, and then use that along with the name.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts