Options

"HDF5 Extension"

a73020a73020 Member Posts: 5 Contributor I
edited May 2019 in Help

I have the rapidminer studio and installed the HDF5 extension. However I try to read a .h5 file and it gives me error "Process failed. Could not read file xxx.h5 the HDF5". How can I solve?

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    jczogallajczogalla Employee, Member Posts: 144 RM Engineering

Hi @a73020!

Glad to see that the extension is used. :D Sadly it has not been updated for nearly two years. Internally it is using HDF5 for Java 2.11, so it might be that it is not compatible with the newest libraries, i.e. it is possible that it cannot read a file that was created with a newer library version.

Can you share the file with me (either here or via PM) or if not, can you create a fake file from the same source?

Cheers

Jan

• Options

Hi Jan,

Thank you for trying to help me. I downloaded the file from the Kaggle website. I'll send you the website link https://www.kaggle.com/facebook/facebook-v-results. The file is too large to send you. 

Do you think the problem is the file? Thank you very much. 

• Options

Hi @a73020!

I just downloaded the file, and after unpacking the actual .h5 file, I had no problem loading it with RapidMiner. Did you unzip the downloaded file?

Cheers

Jan

• Options
    Tens. Is it possible that the file is corrupted?I will try again.
  • Options
    Yes. Is it possible that the file is corrupted?I will try again.
  • Options

Hi @a73020!

Were you successful? As I discovered, the file that is downloaded is called "top_submissions.h5.zip", but Windows tends to omit the ".zip" suffix. So if you tried to open the file that you downloaded, this might fail because it is a zipped file. Unpack the file, then you should find the real .h5 file and you can open that one.

Cheers

Jan

• Options

Hi Jan, 

When I download the file I unpack the file to a folder and then open the file in the folder, not the zip folder. Still gives me error. Will be for my educacional license?

• Options

Hi @a73020,

can you please share your process XML (using the </> icon) and maybe attach your studio log (you can find it in your user directory under .Rapidminer/rapidminer-studio.log)? Also, which version of RapidMiner and HDF5 extension do you use?

Cheers

Jan