How can i save the output of clustering to MS EXCEL FILE

waelyafoozwaelyafooz Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
HI All,
I face a problem in how can i save the output of the clustering process to Excel file,
i used ,
1) Process document from files, inside it tokenize process.
2) Clustering process
3) then write to Excel file.
Please have a look to this,
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<process version="5.3.013">
  <context>
    <input/>
    <output/>
    <macros/>
  </context>
  <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.3.013" expanded="true" name="Process">
    <process expanded="true">
      <operator activated="true" class="text:process_document_from_file" compatibility="5.3.000" expanded="true" height="76" name="Process Documents from Files" width="90" x="179" y="300">
        <list key="text_directories">
          <parameter key="dddd" value="C:\Users\UiTm\Desktop\My Articles August 2013\5 VSM Implementation\1 TOOLS\DataSet Test performance\1000Documents"/>
        </list>
        <process expanded="true">
          <operator activated="true" class="text:tokenize" compatibility="5.3.000" expanded="true" height="60" name="Tokenize" width="90" x="112" y="300"/>
          <connect from_port="document" to_op="Tokenize" to_port="document"/>
          <connect from_op="Tokenize" from_port="document" to_port="document 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_document" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_document 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_document 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
      <operator activated="true" class="k_means" compatibility="5.3.013" expanded="true" height="76" name="Clustering" width="90" x="179" y="30">
        <parameter key="k" value="5"/>
        <parameter key="max_runs" value="1"/>
        <parameter key="max_optimization_steps" value="1"/>
      </operator>
      <operator activated="true" class="write_excel" compatibility="5.3.013" expanded="true" height="76" name="Write Excel" width="90" x="313" y="75"/>
      <connect from_op="Process Documents from Files" from_port="example set" to_op="Clustering" to_port="example set"/>
      <connect from_op="Process Documents from Files" from_port="word list" to_port="result 1"/>
      <connect from_op="Clustering" from_port="cluster model" to_op="Write Excel" to_port="input"/>
      <connect from_op="Write Excel" from_port="file" to_port="result 2"/>
      <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 3" spacing="0"/>
    </process>
  </operator>
</process>
Please let me know where is the mistake, because i face error in creating the Excel file.
My regards
Ayham

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

you have connected the "file" output port of the "Write Excel" operator. Thus the file is not saved to your harddrive, but rather is handed to the process output. To fix that, you can disconnect the connection from the "Write Excel" operator to the process output and instead select the output file parameter of the "Write Excel" operator.

Regards,
    Marco
  • Ftoon_KedwanFtoon_Kedwan Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

Hi,

I have the same problem, but I didn't uderstand the solution proposed here. I started my process with .csv file, connected it to k-means process, & then connectd the process with write wxcel operator but they saved the same original data, not the new clusers. 

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

Hello @Ftoon_Kedwan - welcome to the community.  We are happy you are here.  In order for us to help you, you need to please help us by being more specific about what you are trying to do and pasting your process XML in this thread using the </> tool.  Then we can take a look and go from there.

Scott