Options

How to analyze comma separated values from a single excel column in Rapidminer studio?

awaistanveerawaistanveer Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help

Hello,

Sorry, if I am being naive for asking for such a basic question. I am pretty new to Rapidminer (In fact this is just my second day using Rapidminer).

I have a table containing 80 rows in excel in which one column has comma separated keyword values. I want to analyze (e.g. duplicate words, frequency of certain word etc.) these values from that column only. Reading out some help and going through tutorials, I believe, I will have to use some operator for that but I have absolutely no idea which operator to use.

Though I would hate to get spoon feeded here but because of time constraints, I would be glad if some one can help me out here with these basics.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Hi there,

You could use the Add Data button or the Read CSV operator. Just use the Wizard in the Read CSV operator to select " , " and then the column you want to import.

• Options
    awaistanveerawaistanveer Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Thanks. I have done that and extracted the column as you described but my column again has comma separated values which I want to analyze. How can I do that?

• Options
    GromGrom Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

I'm assuming you were able to read the column and now have a RapidMiner Example Set with one attribute (=column) containing something like "value0,value3,value2,value3". Now simply have a look at the "Split"-Operator (Blending->Values).