How to draw the dendrogram using AgglomerativeClustering operator?

xixirhwfyxixirhwfy Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello,everyone!
  It's my first time to use Rapidminer, and I got problems drawing the dendrogram using AgglomerativeClustering operator. The "dendogram" field in the Result Perspective is empty. I'm sure my previous steps are correct and the result is correct, but I need also the dendrogram. I found a java script in the source file named "Dendrogram plotter",but I don't know how to use it. It's not in the operator. Do I need to import it the the AgglomerativeClustering? Is there any other way? 
  Thanks for answering!

Answers

• Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,
    can you please post a example process according to http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,4782.0.html ?
    With this short process everything works fine:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="5.2.002">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.2.002" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true" height="251" width="413">
          <operator activated="true" class="retrieve" compatibility="5.2.002" expanded="true" height="60" name="Retrieve" width="90" x="110" y="157">
            <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//Samples/data/Iris"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="agglomerative_clustering" compatibility="5.2.002" expanded="true" height="76" name="Clustering" width="90" x="313" y="165"/>
          <connect from_op="Retrieve" from_port="output" to_op="Clustering" to_port="example set"/>
          <connect from_op="Clustering" from_port="cluster model" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>
    Best,
    Nils
  • xixirhwfyxixirhwfy Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
    Hi,Nils!
      Thanks for helping! But when I use the default parameters of the AgglomerativeClustering operator, the dendrogram can show out too. But when I changed the parameter, for example, my tables are all integer numbers, and I have to use Jaccard Similarity to calculate the distance. In my table, the first colomn is the "id", and the other colomns are either 0 or 1. The "Graph View" in Result Perspective is correct,but the dendrogram field is empty. Here is my XML code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="5.2.001">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.2.001" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true" height="145" width="279">
          <operator activated="true" class="retrieve" compatibility="5.2.001" expanded="true" height="60" name="Retrieve" width="90" x="179" y="75">
            <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//NewLocalRepository/DiabeticProject/test"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="agglomerative_clustering" compatibility="5.2.001" expanded="true" height="76" name="Clustering" width="90" x="422" y="57">
            <parameter key="numerical_measure" value="JaccardSimilarity"/>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Retrieve" from_port="output" to_op="Clustering" to_port="example set"/>
          <connect from_op="Clustering" from_port="cluster model" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>
  • Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,

unfortunately i haven't got the data you are trying to load. If I plug in the iris data instead the dendogram is shown.
    Would it be possible to provide a short .csv file with data equal to yours and a process that reproduces the missing dendogram?

Best,Nils