How to make the annotations in Charts / Graphs bigger?

Fred12Fred12 Member Posts: 344 Unicorn
edited November 2018 in Help

hi,

I have some charts here saved as pdf vector format ( or as png) but somehow, the annotations / Text on the charting axes etc. is too small to be read when printed out... is there some way to make them bigger? in some hidden settings of Rapidminer maybe or in the charts itself? I did not find such an option... alternatively.. what could I do to make them bigger or more readable? 

Best Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

Are you using the advanced charts? Isn't there an "Item Size" under configuration?

• Fred12Fred12 Member Posts: 344 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

hmm indeed, there is global configuration -> Font size, didn't see it, thanks...

edit: In advanced charts, it works, but what about Deviation Charts in normal charting? any options for that? Or can I set up / configure same deviation charts somehow in the advanced charts?

• JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

Yes, you can use File & Print/Export Image to export the chart as an SVG. 

Then open it up in a friendly SVG editor and annotate away! 

Have a look at this post on doing it with Process images & yes, it also works with chart exports. 

https://rapidminer.com/exporting-scalable-images/

Protip: if you have a lot of images you want to produce or with the same plot settings over & over again you can use the Reporting extension.  Set the export type to HTML and save images as SVG.  Now you can get all the plots you want as SVG for editing.  (I'm sure smarter folk than I can suggest ways of automating SVG editing too, but until then you'll need to do that part with a bit of manual effort). 

Answers

is there a solution for normal chart? I need bigger annotations for deviation plot... and others

thanks, thats really nice!

what program do you use to manipulate vector graphics? are there maybe simpler programs than Inkscape? I cant ungroup them or don't know how to do it -.-

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Hi Fred, I've used Inkscape and GIMP in the past. I usally put each image on a layer (in GIMP) and then export it as a new one 

ok hmm I don't know how to use both programs...

I used corel draw X7 it works nice, I can choose all individual elements, move them or make them biggger but how can I automatically choose all numbers on the y- and x-axis of a graph and make the characters bigger all at once? I for now have to klick every number and make it bigger manually, which is tedious to do...

• JEdwardJEdward RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 578 Unicorn

One of my team pointed me to this website recently.  http://editor.method.ac/   (Thanks Jonas!)

It's a free editor for SVG that is really simple to use.  

Try it out.

ok thanks, but this works for svg only, I use pdf with latex only (somehow svg does not work with the settings..)