"How to use Open WordNet Dictionary operator"

luc_bartkowskiluc_bartkowski Member Posts: 46 Maven
edited June 2019 in Help

I'm doing Text Analytics.

I'm living in The Nederlands so my primairy language is Dutch.

I want to optimize my process by using the "Stem WordNet" operator.

I found an Open Dutch WordNet implementation at https://github.com/cltl/OpenDutchWordnet

It's stated that this project is based on Wordnet standards. It includes a lot of .sh scripts en .py Python programs.
I can't find/select a "directory" in this project that the RapidMiner "Open WordNet Dictionary" operator would accept.

I compared the content of the GitHub folder with http://wordnetcode.princeton.edu/3.0/. I don't see an equivalent directory/file structure.

The documentation states: "The original WordNet 3.0 synset with offset 06722453 now contains Dutch synonyms."

I don't want to spend much time to learn about Wordnet, its architecture and related shell/Python software development.

I do want to spend as much time as possible learning RapidMiner using the right operators.

Question: How do I integrate this OpenDutchWordnet GitHub project and/or "The original WordNet 3.0 synset with offset 06722453" using the "Open WordNet Dictionary" and "Stem WordNet" operators? Which URL should I download to store a local directory that "Open Wordnet Dictionary" would be able to use?

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

The way I installed the English version of Wordnet is download the entire thing and put it into a directory I named 'dictionary.' Then I used the Open Wordnet Dictionary operator and selected the 'dictionary' folder in the directory parameter. 

However, I fear this might not work in your case because the Github repo you reference is mainly a python implementation. This would require you to probably use an Execute Python operator to wrap it all together inside your Process Documents from Data/Documents operator. 

• ahootanhaahootanha Member Posts: 69 Contributor I

Hi I did all the steps but
    Not running Please help me ...
    My input is an Excel file

wo1.JPG

• yyhuangyyhuang Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 364 RM Data Scientist

Hi @ahootanha,

It can be downloaded from Princeton University website (unzip the downloaded WordNet-3.0.tar.gz twice) https://wordnet.princeton.edu/download/current-version

wordnet.PNG

After unzip you should configure "open wordnet dictionary" directory to a local folder like this

\\path_to_wordNet-3.0\dict

dict.PNG

HTH,

YY

Hello
    I did
    But again the same error was received ...
    help me

صصصص.JPG

Hello please someone help me I really do not know why it's not running. Does anyone have a Twitter run example?