Import XML-code to process

DerMatzDerMatz Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hey guys,

I backuped some RapidMiner process just as a XML file, how do I reimport the code?

If I just paste the code into the XML window, nothing happens in the pocess view.

Can you help me?

Kind regards,

Matthias

Tagged:

Best Answers

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Solution Accepted

Hi Matthias,

No prob.  In general you can use the items "Export Process..." and "Import Process..." from the file menu to save and load process files from a disk instead of the repository.  This will generate a .rmp file.

In your case, it seems that you have XML instead like the ones you can also often find in the forums. Here is how you can import those:

1. Go to the menu "View" and then "Show Panel".
    2. Make sure that you have selected "XML" at the bottom of the list.
    3. You will get (if you did not have it already) a new panel in your current view called XML.  Click on this.
    4. The large area of this panel shows the XML description of the current process.  You can change it there or copy a complete new XML description into this area.
    5. Important: You need to submit any change by pressing the checkmark in the top left corner of the panel.  Otherwise any change will discarded.  This is to avoid that you made small changes accidentally.

XML Panel.png

I think you simply forgot to press the checkmark at the end so this should do the trick.

Have a nice weekend,

Ingo

Answers

• DerMatzDerMatz Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Hello Ingo,

thanks for the reply!

I thought it was some kind of "well formed XML" checkmark ;).

Kind regards,
    Matthias

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder

Funny :smileyhappy: But also good feedback that the icon might not work as intended.  We will test this in our next usability test session and see if this is a pattern of misunderstanding.

Thanks,

Ingo

• kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn

I also learned it the hard way :-)

• bhoulebhoule Member Posts: 1 Contributor I

I am trying to work with a colleague using Rapidminer.  We each have Rapidminer Studio, but not a server.  I am having a hard time with the import process/export process functions and thought it would be better to save using XML.  I went to my View, Show Panel -- but I don't have an XML option, it ends at "Tree".  I am using RapidMiner Studio Educational 7.5.001  Do you have any advice?

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

most likely your screen resolution is not high enough to show XML. If you are on tree you can hit arrow down on your keyboard twice and hit enter to get the XML view.

Best,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany