Options

Important Differences RM Studio Licenses

m_a_vervuurtm_a_vervuurt Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help

Dear experts,

I am investigating the following and It would be really helpful to have more information. And yes I am planning on having potential customers pay for your great software.

* 7.1 RM Community Edition Vs RM 7.3 Free Edition (licenses capabilities & availability of connectors)
* 7.1 RM Server Community Edition Vs RM Server Free Edition (licences capabilities & availability of connectors)
* RM Studio Core (licenses capabilities & availability of connectors) which can be downloaded and built from Github https://github.com/rapidminer/rapidminer-studio

Thank you / Danke,
Mark

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist

Dear mark,

we do not sell the 7.1 License anymore. The licenses we offer are the ones mentioned here: https://rapidminer.com/pricing/ . The github core is simalar to the free edition limited to 10k rows and 1 logical core.

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    marc_de_ligniemarc_de_lignie Member Posts: 1 Contributor I

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply. You do not mean that the community/github version itself has the limits on lines and cores in the source code, do you?  Just checking (I am a colleague of the OP).

Cheers,     Marc

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist

Hi Marc,

technically it works a bit different. The code on github is the core of the product, some operators are not there (e.g. parallel cross validation). Those are the ones which would be effected by the licenses.

I would be happy to discuss details with our you. Just give me a note on my mail: mschmitz at rapidminer .com

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany