Label Attribute Missing

WebclipperWebclipper Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Just fired up RapidMIner for the first time and am migrating from Weka. Used a small AARF file as input from a WEKA project and keep getting hung up on the "LABEL" atrribute. I have seen the other posts here with a short explanation, but am still missing something obvious. The following line is the last attribute in the AARF file for which should be the target two value class.

@ATTRIBUTE RESULT {YES,NO}                

I put the Read AARF operator in and it executes fine. Lists all attributes (18) including RESULT. (no special attribute) and shows 0 errors.
Then put in a Set Role Operation to take input from Read AARF change RESULT to a LABEL special atribute.
Last operator is Decision Tree using input from Set Role

Now when executing, the output of the Read ARFF shows RESULT as a special attribute.
The input to Set Role shows "The attribute RESULT is missing in the input example set."
The input to Decision Tree shows "Input example set must have special attribute label."
The message screen shows all executed with two errors.

Played around with multiple scenarios and not quite getting what is wrong here.

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    did you try to specify the label attribute "result" directly in the ARFF Examplesource as "label_attribute" parameter? This normally works...
    Otherwise, please be so kind to paste the process, so that I can reconstruct whats going wrong.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • fahimehs10fahimehs10 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

I have used the regulator and selected the class label, but I get the error of missing the tag:smileysad:

• fahimehs10fahimehs10 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
  • FBTFBT Member Posts: 106 Unicorn

It seems like something went wrong within your "Set Role" operator. Are you sure the attribute you selected as label exists in your dataset (no spelling errors, etc.)? If everything seems right, maybe you can post your process here (copy & paste the XML), if it isn't too sensitive, and I will take a look.