Macro - Calling among different processes

mengkoon007mengkoon007 Member Posts: 30 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi,

I have created macro in one process as per below screenshot. I have also used "Generate Attribute" operator to call the macro "%{test}" in the same process.
macro.jpg

Question:

I am creating another new process and wants to call the same marco. How can I do it as I do not want to re-key again all the Macro value in another process. Can anyone kindly advise? Thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

What version of RM are you using? it appears to be the old v5.3.

You could try embedding your processes inside on process (aka Execute Process) and see if the macro passes through there. 

Or you can try storing the macro value and then retreiving it in the new process. 

• mengkoon007mengkoon007 Member Posts: 30 Contributor I

Hi,

I am using v5.3.

You could try embedding your processes inside on process (aka Execute Process) and see if the macro passes through there. Or you can try storing the macro value and then retreiving it in the new process. 

I do not quite understand the statement. Possible to show me steps by steps guide?

I tried copy the macros from the XML in one process to another but the negative side is that if there is an update in the macro, I will need to update every process with the macro.

<macros>
         <macro>
               <key>test</key>
               <value>15</value>
         </macro>
    </macros>