Options

Normalization

ShubhaShubha Member Posts: 139 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

Can i apply the normalization only for certain attributes of my interest by using only the "Normalization" operator and not any AttributeFilters before the operator.  Note: For example, I can map the values for only certain attributes by the "Mapping" operator where the option "attribute" allows me to do so. But the "Normalization" operator does not have this option. How do i do this?

My problem with using AttributeFilter is the resultant ExampleSet contains only the normalized variables but not the other non requested variables for optimization. I need this also to be present in my resultant ExampleSet.

Thank you very much,
Shubha

Answers

• Options
    haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    Can i apply the normalization only for certain attributes of my interest by using only the "Normalization" operator and not any AttributeFilters before the operator. 
    Sadly not, the mind-reading capabilities of Rapidminer are not all they might be, so you need to specify what interests you.
    My problem with using AttributeFilter is the resultant ExampleSet contains only the normalized variables but not the other non requested variables for optimization. I need this also to be present in my resultant ExampleSet.
    Try using the AttributeSubsetProcessing operator... just like in my response to your last question on binominals http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,661.0.html
    <operator name="Root" class="Process" expanded="yes">
        <description text="#ylt#p#ygt#The normalization operator supports both z-transformation on zero mean with standard deviation 1 and range normalization into a predefined range. #ylt#/p#ygt#"/>
        <operator name="ExampleSetGenerator" class="ExampleSetGenerator" breakpoints="after">
            <parameter key="target_function" value="simple polynomial classification"/>
        </operator>
        <operator name="AttributeSubsetPreprocessing" class="AttributeSubsetPreprocessing" expanded="yes">
            <parameter key="attribute_name_regex" value="att1|att2"/>
            <parameter key="condition_class" value="attribute_name_filter"/>
            <operator name="Normalization" class="Normalization">
            </operator>
        </operator>
    </operator>
  • Options
    ShubhaShubha Member Posts: 139 Maven
    Great, Thank you very much...