Numerical vs. Polynomial attributes

nicugeorgiannicugeorgian Member Posts: 31 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

In the table embedded in my DatabaseExampleSource operator, I have an attribute whose integer values range from 0 to 500.

This attribute is read as nominal by the DatabaseExampleSource operator and not as numerical.

Is there a way to change this? I would like that attribute to be treated as numerical?

Or is there no difference for attributes like mine, whose the range is a finite set of integers?

Thanks,
Geo

Answers

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi Geo,

I would have to see the schema in order to get an idea why the operator did not recognize the numerical column correctly. However, there is a simple solution for those cases: just apply either the operator "GuessValueTypes" or "NominalNumbers2Numeric" in order to transform these wrongly recognized columns. You can also restrict these operators by using the "AttributeSubsetPreprocessing" operator if necessary.

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • nicugeorgiannicugeorgian Member Posts: 31 Maven
    Thanks Ingo! It worked.  :)