Parameter 'repository entry' accesses a repository by name (//WesselDoc/data1).

wesselwessel Member Posts: 537 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Parameter 'repository entry' accesses a repository by name (//WesselDoc/data1). This may not be portable when sharing processes.

Dear All,

What does this warning mean?

How can I fix this warning?

Best regards,

Wessel

Answers

• earmijoearmijo Member Posts: 270 Unicorn
    It means that if you move that directory with your data & programs to another computer, unless you name them exactly in the same way, you'll get an error message. This is because the program will look for the data in the repository //Wesel/Doc/data1. If you for instance renamed that repository Wessel2 you'll get the error.

Bottom line: if you have no plans to work with a second computer or share your programs with somebody else you can safely ignore the warning.

If the warning still bothers you, you can get rid of it by using relative addresses. Say your data is in //Wessel/Data and your programs in //Wessel/Programs, the right way to access your data from a program store in //Wessel/Programs is Β 

../Data/Data1

That means "go up one directory and find the directory Data and the file Data1 inside that directory.

If you add data to a program draggin it from the repository you will typically get that error. Instead, drag the operator Retrieve (in Repository Access ) to the workflow, click on it, and to your right on the parameters of the operator you can click on repository access. Find the dataset you want. Notice when you do this you get the option of "Resolve relative to..." the location of the program. Use it.
  • wesselwessel Member Posts: 537 Maven
    I used the retrieve operator.
    And I used the option: resolve relative to.

I still have the warning.
  • earmijoearmijo Member Posts: 270 Unicorn
    I know what's happening. If you open a new process without saving it and you drag a dataset from a repository you will get that error. Rapidminer can't produce a relative address if it doesn't know where the program is going to be stored. If you save the process before you start doing anything you can drag datsets to the workflow and RM will figure out the correct relative address. Try it and let me know.
  • hidrowshidrows Member Posts: 1 Contributor I

μœ„μ— 막 전문적인 λ‚΄μš© ν•˜λ‚˜λ„ 이해 μ•ˆλ˜μ„œ 헀맀닀가  'save the process before you start' 이거 보고 λ°‘μ Έμ•Ό λ³Έμ „μ‹μœΌλ‘œ ν”„λ‘œμ„ΈμŠ€ μ €μž₯ν•˜κ³  데이터 λŒμ–΄λ΄€λŠ”λ° μ—λŸ¬ μ•ˆλœΈ!! ν–‰λ²…

• kypexinkypexin Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 291 Unicorn

@hidrows 그것에 λŒ€ν•΄ λ‹Ήμ‹ μ˜ μ§ˆλ¬Έμ€ λ¬΄μ—‡μž…λ‹ˆκΉŒ?

Β 

RapidMiner_Studio_Preferences_and__new_process___–_RapidMiner_Studio_Large_8_2_000___kypexins-MBP_lan.png

• ThisIsVSThisIsVS Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    My warning disappeared by doing the following.

Add a new repository <your_new_repository_name>, add a subfolder in it named
    "Data".
    Add another subfolder named "Processes".

Save your process in
    <your_new_repository_name> -> "Processes" subfolder.

Import your data (e.g., xlsx or csv file), into "Data" repository.

After doing the above tasks.
    Add Retrieve operator.Β 
    Go to repository entry.
    Select your dataset from the "Data" repository.Β 
    Tick the checkbox corresponding to "Resolve relative to".

Click OK.