Partial retrieve of example set

kypexinkypexin Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 291 Unicorn
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi rapidminers, 

Small question, by any chance is there a possibility of 'partial retrieve' of an example set in RM? For example, if I have example set of 1,000,000 rows and I want to perform some kind of 'filter examples' without first retrieving the whole example set from a repository?

Thanks.  

Best Answer

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    Solution Accepted

Hello @kypexin - so that's an interesting question.  Not from a locally-stored repository from what I know.  In general when I have a dataset that large and wish to pull pieces of it for analysis in RapidMiner, I will put it in SQL database and then use a query to pull what I need.

Scott

Answers

• kypexinkypexin Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 291 Unicorn

Thanks @sgenzer, basically that was my question whether RM can incorporate some 'best prtactices' from SQL in data handling like I have described. Obviously SQL is suitable for that :)

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

yes I would say so.  Any dataset that has trouble being loaded locally should probably just be queried from a database.

Scott