Options

RapidMiner 7.1 Community edition restrictions?

Fred12Fred12 Member Posts: 344 Unicorn
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi,

I am currently using Rapidminer 5.3,   I have tested Rapidminer Studio 7.1, but the Professional Trial license expired. My question is now, can I still use Rapidminer 7.1 like a community edition? or what kind of restrictions do I have after the license expired? do I have to expect weird behaviour on some things? has it the same capabilities like Rapidminer 5.3?

where are the features listed? I couldn't find them anywhere..

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    GreySpikeGreySpike Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

So there is no longer an Open Source license option?

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder

Yes, there still is an open source version.  However, we recently removed the difference between the Basic and Community downloads since this confused LOTS of people.  The licensing hint at the bottom of the table is a bit outdated as a consequence of this - I will ask our marketing people to clarify.  Anyway, if you follow the link, you will actually see that the open source version is available on Github under AGPL v3 and the downloads are available also under a commercial license.

Here is the link: https://rapidminer.com/products/license/

And here is what it says on the license page:

RapidMiner is committed to providing an open source core for our users and community under AGPL-3.0. The source code is available on GitHub.

We also offer products under commercial licenses

Cheers,

Ingo

• Options
    websiteguywebsiteguy Member Posts: 24 Maven

hi im o n 7.2003 community edition, can i install the git version over that, as im fi nding the 10,000 row restriction really annoying?

If so how would I go about doing that?

Without losing my current processes

thanks, Lee

• Options
    cjaycjay Member Posts: 1 Learner I

Did you ever get an answer to this?

I just fell into the same scam-marketing trap you did.  I spent a full day building up reports thinking this was the opensource productg, only to be hit with the "this supposedly-open-source product is actually an unusable demo" BS.

I *was* looking for a tool to grow with us, and probably would've paid for it when we grew more, but with this kind of behavior, absolutely not.  You don't advertise a free and open-source product to then hand us a crippled demo.  Shame on them.  They're not getting a penny of our money.