RapidMiner Studio 8.2 connection with Oracle 12c issue

azizzul_hassanazizzul_hassan Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited January 2020 in Help

Hi all,

I have issue connecting RapidMiner Studio 8.2 with Oracle Database 12c.  I have fill in the required info in the Manage Database Connection.  The error show IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection. 

Anyone can help why I am getting this error?.

Thanks in advance.

azizzul

Tagged:

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello @azizzul_hassan - welcome to the community. Unfortunately that's a configuration issue. You'll have to contact your Oracle admin and see what's going on. :(

Scott

• azizzul_hassanazizzul_hassan Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply.  However, I can connect to Oracle 12c database using Oracle SQL Developer tools using tnsname.ora config.  I copied the same config from tnsname.ora into RapidMiner apps but the error occurs. 

If it is related to the configuration issue, why I can connect using Oracle SQL Developer but not using RapidMiner Studio?

Regards,

azizzul hassan

• jczogallajczogalla Employee, Member Posts: 144 RM Engineering

Hi @azizzul_hassan,

are you by any chance using any proxies in RapidMiner? You can check that in the settings in the Proxy category.

Could you also please share your RapidMiner Studio log file? You can find it in your user directory in the .RapidMiner folder.

Cheers

Jan

• azizzul_hassanazizzul_hassan Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

Hi Jan,

Finally I managed to resolve this issue which I am not sure does happened to others as well.

It seems after replacing the file jar file (ojdbc7-12.1.0.2) in folder C:\Program Files\RapidMiner\RapidMiner Studio\lib\jdbc with the updated jar file (ojdbc8) that I downloaded from Oracle resolved the connection to Oracle 12c database.

Summary:

Issue:      Couldn't establish connection between RapidMiner Studio 8.2 with Oracle database 12c

Solution: Replace jar file from ojdbc7-12.1.0.2 to ojdbc8 in folder C:\Program Files\RapidMiner\RapidMiner Studio\lib\jdbc (ojdbc8 can be downloaded from Oracle website)

Thanks to all for the help and advise.

Regards,

azizzul

• jczogallajczogalla Employee, Member Posts: 144 RM Engineering

Hi Azzizul,

thanks for letting us know!

Cheers

Jan

• Francisco_SotoFrancisco_Soto Member Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited March 2019
    Hi, my level of English it's not good, I'am learning it...
    Someone can help me? I have the same problem... I can´t solved:/
    I have installed Oracle in my Laptop, so in the SqlDeveloper I have done the database named "bd802", when I do some connection at the moment to clic in "test", the procces it's correct...
    So, when I try to connect RapidMinner with Oracle, I have a mistake And I don't what could happend
    Here is the mistake... I have searched in RapidMinner some documents about it, but I don't solved Sorry for my bad English
  • rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Hola @Francisco_Soto, bienvenido a la comunidad de RapidMiner!

La próxima vez que tengas problemas, podrías abrir una nueva conversación para preguntar sobre tu problema, y agrégale la etiqueta "RapidMiner en Castellano" en vez de preguntar en un lugar en el que todos hablan inglés. De esa manera, quienes hablamos castellano podemos venir en tu ayuda.

La respuesta, en este caso, es la misma que dio @azizzul_hassan, así es que la traduciré para ti:

Deberás reemplazar el archivo .jar de Oracle JDBC que está instalado en tu versión de RapidMiner por la versión nueva, certificada para ejecutarse en Oracle JDK 8. El archivo lo puedes descargar acá, y lo deberás reemplazar en el directorio lib/jdbc de tu instalación de RapidMiner Studio. Recuerda que deberías mantener RapidMiner Studio cerrado mientras eliminas la versión anterior de ojdbc y pones la versión nueva. No elimines nada más, sólo el jar de ojdbc, porque de otra manera podrías dañar tu instalación de RapidMiner.

https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/jdbc/jdbc-ucp-122-3110062.html

Un abrazo desde Chile!

To everyone: I apologize for switching languages, but Francisco Soto is a very common Spanish name. I just translated and gave a bit more context on why he couldn't connect to his Oracle database.

All the best,

Rodrigo.