Restoring the PostgreSQL driver

rachel_lomaskyrachel_lomasky Member Posts: 52 Guru
edited December 2019 in Help

Hi,

I was messing around with the PostgreSQL drivers on my machine for another program, and I think I broke the RM Postgres driver.  

PostgreSQLWhen I try to make a new PostgreSQL connection, I get "No suitable driver found for jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432.

And for existing processes, RapidMiner is not even trying to connect to the database.  I have no problem connecting to it from other tools, but when I try processes that used to work in RM, I instantly get "Database error occurred: The connection attempt failed."  Same thing when I try to do "Manage Database Connections."  I comes up right away, not even trying to connect to anything.

I'm on a Mac, RapidMiner version 7.5.3. 

How can I fix this?  

Thanks,

Rachel

Tagged:

Best Answer

• rachel_lomaskyrachel_lomasky Member Posts: 52 Guru
    Solution Accepted

RapidMiner really, really doesn't like 

postgresql-42.1.1.jre6.jar

Answers

I also tried renaming my ~/.RapidMiner directory and installing again, but no luck.

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

jre6? Is that the old Java 6 version of Postgres? RapidMiner runs on java 8 now, so it's likely there could be some conflicts there. 

Yeah, I had it in my classpath for something else.  When I removed it, everything started working again.