[SOLVED]Editing a list for the Map Operator using XML

nandadoreanandadorea Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
edited November 2019 in Help
I need to create a mapping, but the list of parameters is so large, that I wouldn't dream of doing it using the Parameters View. I used to do it in the XML code and then click the green check mark to apply to the main process.

But now it is not working! I click the check mark, but when I go back to the Process View, the list has not been added. If I go back to the XML, it is still in there, but it will disappear if I close and open the process again (even if I make sure to hit Save). I feel like I must be missing something very very simple, since this always worked, I just can't figure out.

The only thing that changed since I last tried this, besides my RapidMiner version, is that now I am in a Swedish computer. Could the encoding have anything to do with it? (the list has a lot of Swedish characters).

Thanks for any comment and suggestions.
Tagged:

Answers

• Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,

if your XML is valid it should work without a problem. Can you please post an example XML code so we can have a look?

Best,
    Nils
  • nandadoreanandadorea Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
          <operator activated="true" class="map" compatibility="5.2.006" expanded="true" height="76" name="OU" width="90" x="447" y="75">
            <parameter key="attribute_filter_type" value="single"/>
            <parameter key="attribute" value="OU"/>
            <list key="value_mappings">
              <parameter key="Ö06-001" value="FOD-SJV (filimport)"/>
              <parameter key="Ö06-002" value="FOD-SJV-övrigt"/>
              <parameter key="Ö06-003" value="FOD-Författningsstyrd kontroll (aflatoxin-import, salmonella, KBM)"/>
            </list>
            <parameter key="add_default_mapping" value="true"/>
            <parameter key="default_value" value="NONMAPPED"/>
          </operator>
    this is the code, all I am trying to do is add more parameters, like for instance add the following lines:
              <parameter key="Ö06-006" value="F&U Allmänt"/>
              <parameter key="Ö06-007" value="FOD-Konto 632707"/>
              <parameter key="Ö06-008" value="FOD-Ålprojektet Fiskeriverket"/>
    Thanks for the (prompt!) attention to this.
  • nandadoreanandadorea Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
    I knew I would feel silly about this.

The issue was solved when I removed the "&"

I got the clue from "if your XML is valid", and started looking for invalid things I was doing.

I am sorry for posting such a silly mistake, and thanks for the prompt attention given.