Options

Saved processes gone

tonio09tonio09 Member Posts: 12 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
I've created 3 new processes in RapidMiner. I spent around 4 hours tweaking each. I saved all of them in my repository. I then renamed my repository. I loaded different processes and everything worked fine.

I quit rapidminer and restarted later. Now I see that all of my 3 processes have disappeared. I go to the recent processes view and they are listed there. I try to open them and I get an error message that they are not found. I check on the disk, and I see that they have been deleted!!!!!

Can someone please give me some adivce as to how can I recover 4 hours worth of work that I kept saving thoroughly every 10 minutes?

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Uhm. That's embarrassing. Did you only rename the repository, or did you also change its root directory? If the latter is the case, the processes are probably left in the old root directory. Did you check that?

Best, Marius
  • Options
    tonio09tonio09 Member Posts: 12 Contributor II
    I only renamed the repository. I regularly backup with Dropbox everything, but it seems the original processes weren't even saved on the disk. I'm not really sure why that is since I clicked the save icon many times. When I created a new process, I clicked 'save as'. Anyway, luckily I documented everything that I did separately, so I was able to reconstruct the processes relatively quickly.