Switch operator chains programmatically...

listslists Member Posts: 39 Guru
edited November 2018 in Help

Hello forum,

Is there a way to switch operator chains programmatically- in Rapidminer?

To avoid hundreds of copies, I want to set a variable manually/or automated and then the example-set should take another 'way'. :smileyhappy:

Thank you.

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Yes, take a look at the Branch and Select Subprocess operators. 

• listslists Member Posts: 39 Guru

Wow, super, delicious..ham,ham,ham!

Is it also possible to trigger processes with such operators via OS-batch files or a scheduled task, providing parameters for a 'select subprocess'?

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Yes, have you checked out RapidMiner Server? That's the production piece of it all. Cron jobs, queues, dashboards, file triggers, etc. With Macros you can extract all kinds of values and pass them programatically. Also check out hte Execute Process operator too,

• listslists Member Posts: 39 Guru

Hm, Server seems very big and I can't see a free edition or price tag.

Actually I only want to trigger some processes from outside.

What is the limit of the free studio-edition in this regard?

Can I invoke Rapidminer.exe with some flags and catch some variables with a macro?

Thank, you.

There is a free version of RapidMiner Server but there limitations. It limtis you to 1 core and 2GB of memory, plus if you deploy a REST API, it limits you to 1000 calls a day. RapidMiner Free limits you to 10,000 rows and 1 core.