Options

Time value implementation and processing in RapidMiner

TahminatorTahminator Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello to all,

I am wondering whether there is a way to do the following in RM or not, and if possible how also;;

Suppose you had a measured time value like 01:34:28 for an event, which means event lasts for 1 minute 34 seconds and 28 milliseconds. These vlues are stored in an excel file.
Then, how to tell RM that this is a time value and it lasts 1 minute 34 seconds and 28 milliseconds ? And use this "numerical" value as a label in a learner, say NeuralNet or EvoSVM ?

Any help will be highly appreciated,

erdal.

Answers

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hello,

first, you should read (or transform) the column containing the durations as a nominal column - which will be automatically the case for most time format. Then, you can use the operator "Nominal2Date" for transforming those nominal values into real date / time attributes (have a look into the documentation or tooltip for a description of the format strings). Afterwards, you can use the operator "Date2Numerical" for extraction time units like seconds etc. from those date values.

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    TahminatorTahminator Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Hello Ingo,

your comments helped a lot and I managed to implement it, thank you very much..  ;)

erdal.