Options

Too many files open in system (WordNet)

h_benneh_benne Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hello,

I'm using the WordNet extension and dictionary for sentiment analysis. When I start the proces I receive an I/O error:

"Too many files open in system". See screenshot. Does anybody knows how to solve this?

I'm working with RapidMiner 8.1, WordNet 3.0 files and MacOS High Sierrra.

Thank you!

Hugo 

Answers

• Options
    Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

It's been a while since I used that extension but if I remember correctly, that error is probably related to not having enough memory. There was a workaround to this that @hhomburg devised that used the Remember and Recall operators. 

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn

Hi,

the problem is not that caused by memory limitations. The problem is that you open the file every time the inner process is executed. There's a limit in the operating system for the maximum amount of opened files and you run into that.

The solution is as Thomas described: Not opening it more than once. You can open that on the outer process, so that it is just once opened, Remember it then (but before the Process Documents is started) and recall in the Process Documents loop without removing from store. If you find that ugly, you can install the Jackhammer Extension and but a Cache operator around the Open Wordnet operator. Should then be executed only once, too.

Greetings,

Sebastian

• Options
    asafwatasafwat Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    i have placed Remember and recall as suggested but it still gives the same error @land

• Options
    e_grant1e_grant1 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    How to connect Recall and Remember operator with OpenWrdNet? @Thomas_Ott @land
    thanks 
    Elaine